Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Waves

The sun beams down on my white glowing skin. Immediantly the sun always chooses me. The waves from the ocean lap at my feet as a squige sand between my toes i stare out over the horizon.Boats frow to and forth by the tossing and turning in the magnificant ocean of blue. I watch as all my friends go running towards the water diving through the waves. White horses crash as they duck dive underneath the viloent swell. They call for me to come join them but I my feet just wouldn"t take me there. The gigantic waves keep crashing around my friends but everyone seemed to be ok and having a blast. I was never confident in the surf I grew up using pools and spa baths never the the rough swell at the beach.They keep calling to me. Everyones spashing around and having fun and I was the only one left on the beach. I didnt want to feel disclouded so I went in. As the first wave approachs i duck dive under the the wave, I could feel the pressure rush past me pulling me back a meter or two but I was fine. When I came up for my breathe another huge wave hit me but this time face. I felt like my nose had just broken and i couldnt breathe my mouth was filled with faul tasting salt water. I was swept back at least ten metres before the wave became weak and let me break free. I soon knew that this was too much for me too handle but I was stuck. Waves kept crashing on my head as i tried to swim back to shore, I was stuck in a rip. I swam with all my strength. When i coujld finally feel the sand beneath me a huge relef came. I would survive. I knew what I had done was stupid and my life could have ended. I walked out of the water and sat on the sand. I knew now this would be my place from now on.

No comments: